Look at me! I actually survived my first month of my Masters at university! (Note: this post is queued, so I might not, in fact, still be alive by the time it appears on the blog.)
🏳️🌈 = book has a LGBTQAI+ main character 
🦄 = ARC or review copy 
📚 = books that qualify for the backlist challenge we’re doing with Avery [1 – which means I failed badly]
🌍 = Around the World in 52 Books on Goodreads 
🌷 = Lesbian Book Bingo by Jae 
🍬 = Candybook Land by Elaine Howlin 
📙 = Sequel September by Books and Munches 
As always, I’m linking up with Avalinah’s State of the ARC meme:
State of the ARC is a monthly meme at Avalinah’s Books meant to motivate you to finish up all your long overdue ARCs (Advanced or Early Reader Copies).
State of the ARC has a Goodreads groups ARCs Anonymous. Join it here.
I mostly read ARCs this month (6 of them, specifically), and I didn’t request any new ones. I also managed to finish the bingo, so I can just sit back until December! Or maybe try to double them? Although I’m not sure I’d have a second book for some of these, like the new to you genre.
I only have 7 NetGalley ARCs left, but half of those aren’t due until November or later. And only 1 author ARC that I’ve been sitting on for four months because I’m horrible.
The truth is that I also currently have 9 books saved to my computer that I received for review through the Lesbrary, but I don’t really count those here because they are sent to every reviewer and I don’t feel the pressure to personally review them. It’s just nice to have a list and pick something out of it sometimes. (Soft on Soft and Spark & Change were both received through the Lesbrary.)
Here’s all the books I read this month:
- 🏳️🌈🦄 Soft on Soft by Em Ali: 142 pages. 5🌟
- 📚🍬 A Princess in Theory by Alyssa Cole: 384 pages. 4🌟
- 🦄 Ghost Boy by Betty Stafford: 152 pages. 2🌟
- 🦄 Drinking From The Trough by Mary Carlson: 288 pages. 3🌟
- 🏳️🌈🦄🌷📙 The Navigator’s Touch by Julia Ember: 256 pages. 5🌟
- 🦄 I Do Not Trust You by Laura J. Burns: 320 pages. 4🌟
- 🏳️🌈🦄 Spark & Change by Kellum Jeffries: ~40 pages. 4🌟
Favourite books this month:
- Soft on Soft
- A Princess in Theory
- The Navigator’s Touch
Reviews on the blog this month:
- A Princess in Theory: African Royals, Secret Pasts and Women in Science
- Soft on Soft: A Cozy, Diverse Sapphic Romance
- The Navigator’s Touch: From Ariel to Captain Hook
- I Need to Have An Emotion In Private: Rogue Protocol & Exit Strategy
- 6 Degrees of Separation: Bookish Girls, Magic Girls, Queer Girls in Love
- An Attempt At A Structured TBR
- How Many of My Favourites Have You Read? + Activity Update
Structured TBR scores:
Out of the 24 books on this list, I have read 6, abandoned 2, and still currently reading 3. I’d say that’s pretty good for my first month with a structured TBR.
How did your September go reading-wise?