I’m with Louise here: finding thirty characters to use for a tag like this is surprisingly hard. I actually had to reach back to The Mortal Instruments, which… if you know me, you know I prefer to deny reading most days.
Rules: Write down the names of 30 characters, then randomly pick two for each question and choose between them.
1. You only have one more spot on your Spelling B team, who would you pick to complete your team?
October “Toby” Daye (October Daye) or Jay (Chameleon Moon)
Gosh. I mean, I think they can both spell? But Jay is more likely to get flustered or start ranting about something unrelated, so I’m going to go with Toby here.
2. Both characters want to kill you, which one would you kill first so you have a better chance of surviving?
Draco Malfoy (Harry Potter) or Magnus Bane (The Mortal Instruments)
Let’s be honest here, if Magnus wanted to kill me, I’d be dead, so this question is irrelevant.
3. You’re on the bachelor/bachelorette an you’re down to these two characters, which one are you going to give your rose to?
Nadya (Wicked Saints) or Serefin (Wicked Saints)
Wait, do I give the rose to the one I want eliminated, or to the one I want to keep? I’ve never watched these shows. And I actually wouldn’t turn down either of them if they wanted to date me, but I’m weak for Serefin, so I’d keep him.
4. You’ve been chosen for the Hunger Games, who would most likely volunteer in your place?
Tybalt (October Daye) or Apollo (The Trials of Apollo)
Neither of these. Seriously. They wouldn’t. (I can imagine Tybalt volunteering to take Toby’s place, which she’d be pissed about.) I guess maybe Apollo might, just to show off his skills in the competition?
5. You’re stranded on an island. Which character would you sacrifice to engage in cannibalism?
Alex Fierro (Magnus Chase) or Nancy (Every Heart a Doorway)
I… what kind of question is this?! They are both kids! Oh my god. I was going to say Alex because at least she wouldn’t die, but I’m guessing the island is outside Valhalla. I can’t answer this.
6. You’re the next DC/Marvel superhero (with your own tv show of course), who is your sidekick?
Zilch (Chameleon Moon) or Xandri (Failure to Communicate)
Either of these could be good – powerful, but still morally good and heroic. Also, both socially awkward. Also, given that one of them is nonbinary and the other is autistic bisexual, Marvel/DC is very unlikely to put either of them in a TV show, but anyway. Chameleon Moon is closer to being a superhero book, so I’m going to pick Zilch here.
7. You’re a manager of an Avocado admiring company, who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
Quentin (October Daye) or Ava Garden Wilder (Everything Leads to You)
It would be hypocritical of me to fire anyone for lack of communication skills, and I think both of these people are good-ish at communicating? But they can also be messes at times. I suppose I’m going to pick Quentin, because despite her faults, Ava is an actress, so she has to learn to communicate at least somewhat effectively.
8. You’ve just finished a book in which your favorite character dies, which character is most likely to comfort you?
Regan (Chameleon Moon) or Jack (Every Heart a Doorway)
I believe they would both try, although given Jack’s relationship with death, Regan would be more effective. But then again, Jack’s morbid jokes in the book made me laugh, so she might not be that bad at it.
9. Ugh, it’s high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
Minerva McGonagall (Harry Potter) or Felicity Montague (The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue)
I can’t imagine Felicity being in the popular clique, despite her awesomeness. Meanwhile, Minerva has a leading personality.
10. The day has arrived; you’re finally a year older! Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
Ragnor Fell (The Mortal Instruments) or Nico di Angelo (Percy Jackson)
I feel like Ragnor would pretend to forget even if he didn’t actually, so definitely him.
11. You’ve just found an upcoming booktube star! Who would it most likely be?
Remus Lupin (Harry Potter) or Kade (Every Heart a Doorway)
Tough choice! I think Kade is more charismatic, but Remus is more bookish? And I adore Kade with all my heart? Still, I’m going to pick Remus here.
12. Sleepover time! Unfortunately you can only invite one person, who would you invite?
Raphael Santiago (The Mortal Instruments) or Henry “Monty” Montague (The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue)
Given that I don’t drink and don’t like being around drunk people, Monty wouldn’t be a very good choice here. But I also don’t fancy being insulted all night, so this is another tough choice. These are also two of my all-time favourite characters, so I’d probably invite them anyway despite those obstacles. I suppose the best case scenario would be book 2 Monty?
13. Bam, you’re pregnant. Who’s the father/mother?
Murderbot (The Murderbot Diaries) or Simon Lewis (The Mortal Instruments)
Okay, ignoring how uncomfortable this question makes me, and also how the scenario would make me the next Virgin Mary… I wouldn’t want to torture Murderbot with even the idea of being a parent, while I think Simon could be a good one, once he manages to grow up a bit.
14. You’ve just written a super important text. Who would ‘see’ it, but not reply?
Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter) or Magnus Chase (Magnus Chase)
As Louise said, Luna is scatterbrained, while Magnus is likely to be running/fighting for his life at any given moment and have no time to reply. So this could be either of them.
15. You’ve just woken up and it’s time for breakfast. Your mum’s been replaced by… who?!
Rowan (Chameleon Moon) or Malachiasz (Wicked Saints)
As much as I love my broken monster boy Malachiasz… I really, really hope this would be Rowan. And not only because Malachiasz is my younger brother’s age. I feel like Rowan would be a good parent as well.