Have I mentioned I love Kathy’s challenges? Earlier, I participated in Sci-Fi July, and managed to read a total of one book for Sequel September. I skipped the October challenge, so if I join in November, then that’s every two months since I started following Books and Munches!
Remember November is all about finishing goals that you set for yourself at the beginning of the year. I don’t make yearly resolutions, but I do have a few yearly goals/challenges that I haven’t completed. I’ll try my best to finish them in November, and if I don’t… well, there’s always December?
(Note: I’m also doing #mythoton in November, so I’ll try to be clever and pick books that fit several challenges.)
◊ Post a blogpost saying you’ll be joining me trying to reach all those goals and challenges we committed ourselves to throughout the year.
◊ Share your list of challenges, goals and whatnot and state what you’re going to try and reach / tick off during this month’s read-a-thon.
◊ If you’re sharing your updates on social media, use #RemNovember so we can follow up on each other!
Around the World in 52 Books
Remaining: 6 out of 52 prompts
- A book from the first 10 books added to your TBR (Good Omens)
- A gothic novel (Jane Eyre?)
- A book with a location in the title (Leányrablás Budapesten, or Keeping Long Island)
- A book nominated for the Edgar award, or by a Grand master author (Lisey’s Story, or something by Agatha Christie)
- A medical or legal thriller (The Nemesis Cell, or something by Robin Cook if I’m desperate)
- A Women’s Prize for Fiction Winner or Nominee (The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet)
Lesbian Book Bingo by Jae – HAS to be a book with a queer female character, preferably F/F. doesn’t have to be a lesbian!
Remaining: 5 out of 25 prompts
- Women in uniform (Skin | Deep)
- Romantic comedy (I have no idea, and I didn’t think this prompt would be hard. recs please? I’m looking for F/F books.)
- Second Chance romance (Drive by J.L. Gaynor)
- Summer reads (Summer Swim)
- Age difference (My Writing Professor)
Goodreads yearly challenge
Remaining: 10 out of 250 books
I think I started with 100 or 150 books, but kept raising the stakes, and now I’m here. I don’t think I’ll raise it again, but I do want to reach 250.
Candybook Land game
I’m on square 76 out of 132, and how many books it will take to reach the goal depends on my dice rolls… and also on finding a book to fit the given prompts. I actually don’t think I’ll finish this game this year, but hope dies last.