Another month is over, so time for the wrap-up post! I read fewer books than last month, but that isn’t very surprising: my March stats were really an exception to the rule, and not the rule itself.
I already posted this month’s State of the ARC earlier – I was thinking of combining these two posts, but it would have been too long, so have them separately.
April was also when we held Rainbow Week here in Szeged, the city where I live – a week with plenty of queer events around town, including a book release, a living library (an event where a “book” is a living, marginalised person who tells you about their life), a concert and others. I am lucky to live in a city with a relatively active LGBTQ+ organisation and events, because unfortunately these are still rare in Hungary. Now I just wish we had more events centering asexual and nonbinary people, but unfortunately there seems to be little interest or knowledge of these identities outside the capital.
Huh! After that short real-life detour, let’s get back to the books 🙂 Page numbers are difficult sometimes when Goodreads doesn’t list them, because the app I use to read them doesn’t show it properly either…
Books read this month:
- Nothing But Sky by Amy Trueblood: 284 pages 🌟🌟🌟
- Not So Stories edited by David Thomas Moore: 334 pages 🌟🌟🌟🌟
- A Matter of Choice by Caitlin Ricci: 54 pages 🌟🌟🌟
- The Deep End by Ellie Hart: ?? pages 🌟🌟🌟
- The Boss of Her by Julie Cannon, M. Ullrich and Aurora Rey: ?? pages 🌟🌟🌟🌟
- Good Angel by A. M. Blaushild: 325 pages 🌟🌟🌟
- How Saeter Robbed the Underworld by Meredith Katz: 59 pages 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
- Sunvault: Stories of Solarpunk and Eco-speculation edited by Phoebe Wagner: 255 pages 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
- Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young: 352 pages 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Non-review posts on the blog:
- Let’s Talk About Lovestruck!
- Greek Mythology Book Tag
- Book Blogger Confessions Tag
- Percy Jackson Book Tag
- Resource: The Lesbrary and Others
- Down The TBR Hole #1
- State of the ARC #9 – APRIL 30th
Bonus: Some cool articles and lists by other people I found this month that you should check out!
- From Flash to Epic: Ten Aromantic Stories recommended by Claudie Arseneault
- Constructing a Kinder Future by Claudie Arseneault
- Solarpunk: We Are Golden and Our Future is Bright by RoAnna Sylver (this is an old one, but I love it, and it goes well with Claudie’s “Kinder Future” article)
Total number of books read in April: 9
Total number of pages read in April: 1,663 (this number is super inaccurate because there are two books where I don’t know the page numbers, so my actual reading is a little above 2000 pages if I assume both were around ~240)
Books read for Around the Year in 52 Books challenge: 2 this month (31 total)
Books read for Lesbian Book Bingo: 1 this month (12 total)
Current number of “owned and unread” books: 396 (March: 380) — How does this number just keep reading?!
As you can see, I haven’t read as many books this month as I usually do (I read 15 and 14 in January and February), but I posted several book tags instead.
I hope you enjoyed the month of April, and if you’re here, please leave a comment telling me your favourite thing about spring! Or if you don’t like spring, then something about your favourite season 😉 Mine is the scent of flowers everywhere when you walk outside.