I totally stole this from Dorka, shh.
1.Which book, most recently, did you not finish?
- I had to check my Goodreads shelf for this, but I think the most recent would be Aerie by Jon Keys. I usually hate to DNF books, but sometimes it’s just a struggle to read and I feel like even if I finished I wouldn’t have anything to say about it, which is a good sign that maybe I should stop.
2. Which book is your guilty pleasure?
- Most of my “guilty pleasures” are books that I really enjoyed when I read as a teen, but probably wouldn’t enjoy that much if I read them now because of the problematic aspects. E.g. The Host by Stephenie Meyer, or Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. They aren’t super bad, but they definitely have some creepy/possessive/misogynistic themes when it comes to the (allocishet male) love interests. (I actually re-read The Host relatively recently and I still liked it, but yeah, there are some wtf moments. Also, did I tell you about that time when I bought a second hardcover copy just to have the PAPER JACKET? Like, exact same book, not even a different cover, just a different paper jacket. My mother wasn’t impressed, but hey, I actually liked the actors, if not the movie.)
3. Which book would you throw into the sea?
- Thirteen Reasons Why. There might be a few more if I thought about it, but that one wins by far.
4. Which book have you read the most?
- Ehh, this is probably Harry Potter, although I usually just re-read certain parts and not the whole book(s). I actually very rarely re-read books, but there are a few I’m planning to re-read that I last read several years ago, e.g. the Bartimaeus sequence.
5. Which book would you hate to receive as a present?
- I once received Twilight as a present, so there’s that. But I’ll second Dorka on this and say anything by Sarah J Maas or Cassandra Clare. Most allocishet YA books with a f/m romance, although there are certainly exceptions. There’s also tons of fetishistic m/m books that I’d probably hate to receive. It’s a long list?
6. Which book could you not live without?
- Chameleon Moon is my biggest writing inspiration (which is unfortunately still not enough to inspire me to sit down on my ass and write, but IF I ever finish a book, I won’t feel guilty about having an all-queer cast. Thanks, RoAnna!)
7. Which book made you cry the most?
- Honestly, I’m more likely to get pissed if something doesn’t go my way (e.g. character deaths or too much drama) than to cry, so I’m really not sure. I’d most likely sob if I ever read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, because I always sob at the movie.
8. Which book cover do you hate the most?
- The most? Huh. I actually hate the covers of the Bartimaeus trilogy. I mean look at them. I also really don’t like the colours on the witch doesn’t burn in this one? The first one looked great with the black-white pair, but the white-red… less so.
I’m tagging: I’d probably end up tagging the same people as always, so anyone who’d like to do it? ❤